NOTICE OF ELECTION - NOTICE OF POLL (April 2017)
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT PARISH COUNCILS & WHAT PARISH COUNCILLORS DO (March 2017)
◆ HOW TO BECOME A LOCAL COUNCILLOR
◆ THE ROLE OF A COUNCILLOR
◆ HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKEs UP
◆ QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO BECOME A PARISH COUNCILLOR
◆ HOW UNDER 18’S CAN BE INVOLVED
Download this document.
Useful links about this subject:
◇ Elections advice and resources
◇ The Electoral Commission
◇ Do Politics
◇ About my vote
DOOR TO DOOR SALESMEN (December 2016)
- Some people have expressed concern about recent visits from door to door salesmen. Young men are in the area selling mainly household and garden ware (such as dusters, oven gloves, gardening gloves). They say they have had a troubled background and are now trying to get some work-experience in selling. They often produce an ID tag.
- The local Police have been contacted and know about the young men. The Police’s advice is that the men are from legitimate enterprises and most come from troubled backgrounds (their story is true). However, the Police say that if you feel intimidated or do not wish to engage with the men for any reason it is entirely up to you to tell them. Do not feel under any sort of obligation to them.
- Here is some general guidance to help deal with door to door salespeople:
- Look to see who is at the door
- Put the chain on before you open the door
- Take control: 1) Check the seller’s identity
- Don’t invite the person inside
- If in any doubt, ask the person to leave
2) Use direct language – but be polite
3) Be prepared to interrupt
RIPARIAN OWNER RESPONSIBILITY (September 2016)
Download a useful document from the Parish council about your responsibilities.
White Clawed Crayfish alert (September 2016)
Closure of the Meadows Medical Practice, Knighton (September 2016)