Bedstone Court is now a college.
There was a chapel erected at the time of Edward the Confessor. The present church, St Mary's is a small Norman church having a Saxon font. The tower, more recently added to the structure is partly timbered.
There was once a school in the village, which opened in 1750 and was closed in 1947. It is now a private house.
The latest figure in 2007 from the Office of National Statistics put the population at 69.